Yes! I finally got my Macbook Pro!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Goman, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Goman macrumors newbie

After a lot of thinking waiting and re-thinking I finally got my Macbook Pro 2.4 ghz, 250GB HD and 4GB ram.

Very exited! I already bought it about 1,5 months ago, but due to a work assignment I wasn't home to actually even unwrap it :mad:

Anyhow last night I discovered a very small black speck at the bottom of the screen. I thought it was a dead pixel, but as it turns out it's some sort of object/dust thing... :(

How does Apple react to these things? The Macbook is further perfect, no dead pixels and all, so I'm a little hessitant to complain about it...
    Would Apple also still cover this under warranty say in half a year? I don't mind the speck now, but I'm afraid it will move more upward on the screen. What do you guys think I should do in such a situation?

Thanks!

2. dog24 macrumors member

Return it... I'm about 99.99999999% sure they'll exchange if you're still under warranty

3. iBecks macrumors 6502

Report it to Apple, let them know about it and record this against the serial number, then if you want it sorting out in the future they will have record of it.

I doubt they'll exchange it, but you won't know until you ask Apple.

4. Goman thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies! I'll just call Apple and see what they have to say. Other then this little issue the new MacBook is great! Still trying to figure out exactly how everything works, but I really like it! It's only such a shame that Apples quality control is not so great...

5. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

You're right it's unfortunate. While your at it, make sure that there are no fingerprints underneath the glass. You can check it with the screen turned off. Some people on here (including myself) have seen fingerprints under the glass. I don't think Apple's facility in China is using gloves to assemble the computers and that really sucks.

6. UA412 macrumors member

So that's why it's shipping out of China. I bought a MBP on the 15th and it finally starting shipping today. Maybe I'll have it by Christmas.

7. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Be a customer. Act like a customer. Your Mac should be free of any defect.