Yes I know, Another backpack thread.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Gator24765, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

So im looking to get a solid backpack. I just graduated school and need a good bag for my work. The one I have in mind is something like the Incase compact. Here is what I am carrying in my bag.

15" Macbook pro unibody
    Canon Vixia HF 20

an additional bonus would be something on the side or whatever to hold a tripod. Also smaller pocket for ipod, external hard drive etc..

Does anyone have experiece with incase? Would it a a solid packpack for my needs. I know it has good laptop pocket and smaller pockets but would there be a good place for my camcorder?

2. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

Im in the same boat here, probably gonna buy one, but I hate the new version with the parallel zipper on the front. Gonna grab one of the '09 versions before they are all out.

Saw somebody wearing one in the apple store and it looked pretty used and I loved the look of it. After breaking these things in they look like the perfect back, not stiff and capsule like ha.

Anyways good luck!

Does anybody know of a place to get a better deal on one?

3. UCFCrimeAnalyst macrumors newbie

I recently (within the last month) bought a Swiss Gear Synergy Backpack.
    I ordered it after seeing it in Best Buy and then reading a lot of reviews online. It is absolutely amazing! I cannot recommend it more.

4. Gator24765 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

This one looks good but im looking for something smaller and slimmer

anyone heard of the belkin slim? If so where can i check it out in stores?

5. yukio macrumors regular

i just picked up the new incase nylon sling pack - (the new version) - and am loving it.

it may be slightly too thin for the mbp, a camera and a tripod - but for me, it's perfect.

i moved to this from an incase (regular) sling pack. it was fine - holds lots more - but was more than i liked carrying around.

unfortunately, i haven't seen the new slings in the apple stores yet, though they are available at goincase.com

6. Gator24765 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

Im not worried about the tripod but it would be a plus.. I have a good carrying case for mine...

most importantly camcorder and mbp

7. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

This issue has been discussed dozens of times.

For example, extensively discussed here.

8. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

I would recommend this too. Its an amazing backpack. I know someone who has it and he totally loves it.

9. yakabod macrumors newbie

What do you guys think about the Ogio P9 from bestbuy? Its pretty slim, padded for comfortability and has a lot of pockets.

10. Mike Oxard macrumors 6502a

Mike Oxard

Have you had a look at Crumpler bags? We have one of the small SLR shoulder bags, the design and quality is great, it looks nothing like a camera bag. There seems to be a lot of good features in their laptop bags too.

http://www.crumpler.co.uk/?page=categories