Yes! Just Got my MacBook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by J B, Dec 20, 2008.

1. J B macrumors member

hi everyone! I just got my new MacBook last night and love it!

I have one problem so far... after switching all of my files over from my Dell, i am now trying to sync my ipod touch (1st gen) with my MacBook's iTunes library. Everything went smoothly but now when im trying to upgrade to the 2.2 firmware, it forces me to back my ipod up by popping a new window up. Im okay with that but it has taken literally 13 hours so far and i am not halfway yet!!!:mad::eek::confused::(
    anything to help would be great

also, what are some cool things / widgets / software i should download?

thanks! please help this itunes process run faster

2. cash4chaos macrumors member

cash4chaos

Hi if you want to use your ipod from your pc, I suggest you back up first than download senuti and launch it when you plug your ipod into your new mac. :D:apple:
    Enjoy your new mac!

3. J B thread starter macrumors member

thanks, but no i dont want to use my ipod from my pc. Im trying to switch it to my macbook, but the problem is that its been "backing up ipod" now for over 14 hours and im wondering how i can speed up the process, or if something is wrong

4. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

when i bought my Touch in July it took me about 10 hours to sync everything to it, so i think this wait mighhhht be normal, unless your Library is small.

5. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

That's definitely not normal... when I synced my 45GB library, I don't believe it took anymore than 2 hours.

6. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

i think video files takes longer to sync than music files. do you have a lot of video?

7. J B thread starter macrumors member

thats the thing, i only have about 5gb of stuff, mostly songs and apps, plus some pictures. By now, about 20 hours through, it is just passing halfway....

8. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

stop the process. reboot the computer. and restore the ipod, but do not have it back up this time. I think there is a bit of PC formatted iPod being backed up by a Mac.

9. J B thread starter macrumors member

i think that because im switching computers, (and not going to have my old one anymore), i do want it back up, because i want it safe. However, this process took a full 23 hours to get halfway, then i accidentely deconnected my iPod, so it cancelled :eek:

so how can i back it up without taking 2 day? i dont mind a couple hours, but anything over 5-10 is crazy i think, for only about 5gb of data