Yes There Is GOD! And he heard my cry for an iMac G3..

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by redhatcode29, Dec 12, 2014.

1. redhatcode29 macrumors 6502

redhatcode29

This has to be the best Christmas present for me for the year. What a find to end the year !

Guys, the Imac G3 is among the Apple rigs which is considered as rare and unique in my nation. Though the Cube was one of the most rare ones. I coudnt believe my eyes when i saw the advert for the G3 and it was wrongly labeled as an Imac g4 !

A graphite 600mhz which boots smoothly in Panther, bundled with Apple Pro Keyboard and Mouse, the OS discs....The owner seemed to be the initial owner of the G3..

....damn can this get better ? Yes it It DID! the owner threw in a a dozen of ew softwares - Pagemaker, Quarkxpress, Word, Adb Illustrator, Photoshop and a few more of which ill never need ! He gave me the discs, though some of the wares were already installed in the G3.

Well, if that's not enough...and as if he read my mind, he threw in the computer table as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was all :D:D:D:D driving back home with cheers of Christmas Carols. Ho Ho Ho all of it for USD50.00.

Attached Files:

2. tampasteve macrumors 6502

That is not a bad find anywhere, and especially in Indonesia! Great for you, and merry Christmas!

3. redhatcode29 thread starter macrumors 6502

redhatcode29

Thanks tampasteve.

Yeah its a great find for me. My location is Malaysia, neighbour to Indonesia.

I like your area info ! I had a similar one in my Facebook info... It goes like like this towards the end.... Bla bla... Asia, Planet Earth, Solar System.

Merry Christmas to you too:)

4. redhatcode29 thread starter macrumors 6502

redhatcode29

And i had reason to say my cry was heard..... just on 9th Nov 2014, i quoted that i'd kill for a G3 !

Attached Files:

5. gooser macrumors 6502

6. redhatcode29 thread starter macrumors 6502

redhatcode29

ha ha, nah I let him go since it's Christmas !

I was hoping u'd comment Gooser, because i have a reply to your much earlier curiosity :p

Attached Files:

7. gooser macrumors 6502

not only did you score a g3 you got a good model of one. i also have a 600mhz one and i use it for playing around in os9 from time to time. it's the only computer i have hooked up to a printer.

8. tampasteve macrumors 6502

Ha, of course, KL is Malaysia. My mistake! :eek:

I wish I could claim my area info as my own, it's taken from the Sci-Fi series "Undying Mercenaries" by B.V. Larson. It is a great space sci-fi series of books if you are interested in staring a new book, there are currently three books the series; the first is called Steel World.

9. poiihy macrumors 68020

poiihy

iMac bla bla bla..... but with a table?! hahaha nice

10. redhatcode29 thread starter macrumors 6502

redhatcode29

Yeah, great aint it! I was already running out of tables... This came like a package... Thanks !

----------

Sounds tempting, but i am tied up with some @&£%^*+#€$¥ .... Maybe when i am done with it ..... Thanks!

11. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Great find OP. Hope the iMac serves you well!

12. redhatcode29 thread starter macrumors 6502

redhatcode29

Thanks....yet to have the time to meddle with it....thinking of restoring OS 9..:apple:

13. gooser macrumors 6502

you do remember that when those machines were new that they were dual boot don't you?

14. cocacolakid macrumors 65816

cocacolakid

Congrats! It must be very hard to find vintage Apple gear there.

15. redhatcode29 thread starter macrumors 6502

redhatcode29

Yeah....ive noticed, from what i have observed, every Mac of mine which runs Panther, does have an option to dual boot with OS9.

How do they do it... They install it after the install of Panther or it is a part of the Panthers installation or it is incorporated in the Panther's package ,,,,

I would love to have it in dual boot again .....

16. catzilla macrumors 6502

catzilla

IIRC, you start out with OS9. The restore images were OS9 installers.

17. PowerMac G4 MDD macrumors 68000

PowerMac G4 MDD

Nice, and a 600Mhz model too! iMac G3s are almost TOO common in the U.S., and it's too bad that they are difficult to find in other countries; good score on this one. If you have a spare IDE HD that is a little newer, it would really help in one of these G3s. The original HDs in these things are (obviously) small and very noisy. I stuck a newer, 40GB WD HD each in two of my iMac G3s. Not only is it much quieter, but the computer runs better overall.

This was (maybe still is?) my favorite Mac to collect! Enjoy yours.

18. redhatcode29 thread starter macrumors 6502

redhatcode29

Hi MDD,

Thanks. Actually it is a bit noisy, i shall take your advice on that. True it is rare over here.

19. ctmpkmlec4 macrumors 6502

ctmpkmlec4

I have its twin sitting on my desk! Congrats on the find. Mine dual boots OS 9 and OS X Jaguar. I have enough machines with Tiger and Leopard and I thought I could install 10.2.8 on the G3 just to mess around with much older versions of OS X. The iMac makes a cool little iTunes jukebox, too.

20. redhatcode29 thread starter macrumors 6502

redhatcode29

U bet, it is... And when it appears its price is hiked of course. I have a guy asking us150.00 for Macintosh Plus. The only set back was that it was dead!

21. im_to_hyper macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

I'm not sure what it would cost to import, but I'm sure if you paid one of us MR members we would buy it and ship it to you... but anyway. What about an IDE SSD?

22. redhatcode29 thread starter macrumors 6502

redhatcode29

Aww! Thats so nice of u:D ill reserve that favour when i really need something badly.... Thanks.:cool:

23. redhatcode29 thread starter macrumors 6502

redhatcode29

Ended 2014 with an Imac G3 ....starting 2015 with another Imac G3

Managed to grab another G3, it is a 500mhz model. All of a sudden G3s are appearing ! It did not hv a hdd, doesnt chime, no apple logo.... It ddnt set me back an inch! To top it...it was USD13.00 ++. I had to immediately transfer money to the seller, even before taking a look at the g3, coz a delay ........will cost me to loose it.

When i went to collect the g3, the owner mentioned about the amount of calls he received. Luckily i paid him first !

It wasnt given good care...scratches all over ! Guess ill treat this as a platform to learn to operate a G3.

Attached Files:

24. redhatcode29 thread starter macrumors 6502

redhatcode29

Wonder y at times my pics are rotated... I mean the above pic....this only happens with my ipad!