Yes! Things Work!

RayCon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2001
Stillwater MN
Alas, now when I transfer data from my Sony Cybershot P-1, it doesn't show up as having been created on June 24, 2018 anymore... and I no longer have to unplug and replug my Wacom Graphire when I reboot to get the mouse to work... and the mouse preference panel stays where I set it... and I would imagine several other bugs/problems have bee fixed that I haven't even discovered yet. I am VERY pleased!

RayCon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2001
Stillwater MN
Yes, Things Work! Explanation...

Correct. The new OS X 10.1.2 update has fixed numerous problems I was having with previous versions. It's as though they read my mind. I, for one, am a very pleased consumer.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
Excuse me

But, do I have to leave my 9.2 to start from where I was 10 years ago with mac OSX? Not even XP is so incompatible. I'll wait for OS XII better.

Classic

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2001
Things work for some people...

RayCon,

I'm glad that 10.1.2 fixed things for you...

Unfortunately, those of us who suffer from chronic time travel in our dual processor G4's are still stuck with the bug.

For those of you who aren't aware, there are some dual processor computers that lose track of their date and time upon restart. In fact, they sporadically start up at Midnight, GMT on January 1, 1970 - or for those of us in the states, December 31, 1969.

Apple has atleast acknowledged the issue in a knowledge base article, but we were hoping it would be resolved in 10.1.2 - it's not. Bummer.

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
Epson sux

And still no support from Epson to add in the All-in-one 2000/2500 drivers in OS X. Plus, those morons use an "unidentified" FTP type so I'd have to shut off NPF to get ANY drivers from them. Lame.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
I think we definitely need to give it a while before we all have what we need with OS X. I'm to the point now, where I'm almost completely running X at home for personal use......where I am still running 9 at work since it does absolutely everything I need it to, when I need it to.

But give it time, we'll all be happy I'm sure!