YES!!! This is what I'm looking for.

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by xraytech, May 5, 2010.

1. BigBeast macrumors 6502a

Meh!

I'm gonna have to say...um no. I don't like how sliders let dirt and stuff to migrate in between the case and body of the device- that's why I now rock my MBP naked. I used to use Speck hardshell but dirt and things wouldn't scratch the aluminum. Also, you have to take the case of if you want to dock?? No thanks.

2. xraytech thread starter macrumors 68020

From my experiences it's only the Silicone cases that cause that problem. My experiences with sliders have been free of scratches caused my trapped dirt.

3. jedolley macrumors 68000

I'm going to skip over the part where this was already mentioned/discussed before (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=904112).

IMO, I don't see the point of a slider case for the iPad. Maybe i'm missing something, but my understanding of a slider case is a 2-piece case that gives you access to the port when separated, and protection when not.

It seems to me that other companies agree with the need to access the port for dock accessories, but have decided to do away with a 2-piece approach. There Speck CandyShell, Incipio Feather, Switcheasy Nude, and Hard Candy Kickstand are just a few examples of cases that are one single complete case and still have access to the port for docking accessories. I know a few may argue that the Nude and Feather don't provide as much protection, and the Candshell and Kickstand have moving parts.

To me, the idea of moving a chunk of the bottom protector off just to access the port is a bit much, and is multiplied in respect with the iPad. From the pictures, the protection value looks similar to that of the CandyShell. The SGP slider does not provide enough protection value to make up for the hassle of a large removable piece.

I think it's still debatable that this was a good idea on the iPhone/iPod Touch to begin with. It just seems to me that someone felt that since this was popular for those devices then it will be on the iPad. I know the iPad is young, but I think or hope people were realize that not everything thats "good" for the iPhone is good for the iPad.

4. xraytech thread starter macrumors 68020

You make a valid point. Fortunately it works out for me because I don't use the iPad Dock.

And sorry for posting something that has already been discussed.

Admin, please delete this thread or add it to the existing thread.

5. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Screw the Lame iPad dock. Its a piece of dog doo doo. This case is hot. Nice and slim.

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

7. zerolight macrumors 6502

zerolight

This is interesting for me too. I disagree with sliders being pointless. The whole point of a slider is that it is totally rigid and wraps over the top edge. To do that it needs to be a slider because there is zero flex to pop the iPad or iPod in. Silicon on the other hand flexes, and after a few weeks you have a big bow up the edges.

8. mashinhead macrumors 68020

I second this. I'm interested in this as well. If anyone gets this post a review.

9. xraytech thread starter macrumors 68020

10. jedolley macrumors 68000

11. Alchematron macrumors 65816

Alchematron

Yeah I plan to get both the iFrogz Luxe and SGP UltraSlider

Two best cases I've seen so far

I'm still waiting for InCase to crank out a slider case but nothing yet