Yes, you can certainly scratch the iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apollo 13, Jun 23, 2010.

1. bahooki macrumors regular

I'll never stick a screen protector on an iPhone.

2. Centient macrumors 6502

Damn! Oh well. Thoughts of going caseless were too good to be true I guess...:(

Still reluctant to add a screen protector. Maybe I should just get over that.

3. Gagoots macrumors regular

YEah. If you ordered from Best Buy you can scratch it off for a week or two.

4. taybo20 macrumors regular

taybo20

No it's Apple's version of the scratch and win game. Take an chance and scratch your black iPhone 4 for a chance of it being a white one underneath! :p;):D

5. thatoneguy159 macrumors member

Amen.

6. soupcxan macrumors member

Do you know what did it? Big difference if it was scratched by a diamond ring versus your car keys, for example.

7. Appmamma macrumors newbie

8. oneteam macrumors regular

well said...

9. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

cute!

hmmm...now i'm thinking MAYBE the stupid bumper. it would keep it off a surface at least.

10. Goldfire macrumors member

Goldfire

Just because I don't buy a case or screen protector doesn't mean I'm cheap. I have never used either for any of my iPhones and I've never gotten a scratch because I don't drop my phone. I think the cases make it look ugly and bulky, so I just don't use them.

11. Enuratique macrumors 6502

THIS!

Also, its hard to see, even when trying to be in full illumination from the light... My 3G doesn't have any scratches on the glass side and I don't think it's using this badass Gorilla Glass... I'll take my chances...

12. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Especially with that beautiful screen. I've never understood why people would ruin the quality of the display.

13. tnisatard macrumors 6502

the impression i get if you buy an iPhone and not use a case is that your a baller :cool:

that being said i will be using a case :eek:

14. zeeflyboy macrumors regular

if it's any consolation, that looks like it would polish out very easily....

how did you scratch it so soon?

15. Ames macrumors member

After a year with my 3GS I never got a major scratch. The front is flawless. The back has some scuffs, but I'd rather have that than a clunky looking case.

16. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

First of all, good job Engadget to post that photo and not give any details about what scratched it.

Second, I am never putting a case or screen protector on my iPhone.

My iPhone 3G never had a case, and was in and out of my pants pocket probably 20 times a day for over a year. When I sold it this week, it didn't have a single scratch on the screen, and only a few minor scratches on the back.

It IS possible to take care of your phone, you know.

17. shrtmkr macrumors regular

I guess that's good news for the guys at incase :)

18. muledogus macrumors 6502

I'm against screen protectors and cases too. With my 3G I always just kept it in a pocket by itself and I never really sat it down on hard surfaces. After 2 years the back has some scratches now but the front is scratch free.

19. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

They might not know what scratched it. I used my 3G without a case, and it looked fine until I put it under direct light and noticed tons of tiny scratches. Don't know what did it.

20. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

21. portishead macrumors 65816

I wouldn't want my macbook pro or mac mini to get scratched, but I carry my iphone in my pocket all the time. It's going to get worn and get some scratches. You buy the iphone to use it, not to keep it pretty. I think the cheap ones are the people who buy protectors and cases. The rest of us are realistic about wear and tear.

22. bova80 macrumors 6502a

that doesn't even look like that bad of a scratch and would probably polish right out. its just that the light makes it look like its a big gouge.

23. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

"Yes, you can certainly scratch the iPhone 4"

And in other news, water is still wet!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

24. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

I ordered a Zagg invisible shield a few days ago to put on my iPhone 4. I plan on putting it on the back of the phone for sure (some say the back of the phone is a different kind of glass than the front?). I still have not decided if I will put it on the front or not.