Yesterday's in-store reservations accidentally went live around 7pm ET today!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NauticalDan, Sep 16, 2016.

1. NauticalDan macrumors regular

So this is interesting, I was on the apple page around 4pm Pacific time and clicked on the Reserve iPhone 7 with carrier plan link at the top of this page:

http://www.apple.com/ca/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-7

And I was surprised it was working!!!!! I was apple to reserve an iPhone 7 Plus matte black at a store in Vancouver. And all the Canadian stores were listed. After about 20-30 min, the stores reservations were slowly being depleted and they were gone. By 5pm, the page was back to saying check back tomorrow at 8am.

I went to the store and was told there was a system glitch, the phones would be in tomorrow and come anytime tomorrow and the reservation will be honoured. I dug a little, and apparently yesterday's reservations went live accidentally this afternoon, at least the Canadian ones. Not sure if that means no reservations at 8am tomorrow now for Canada.

Anyone else get lucky?

2. vishalc macrumors regular

vishalc

Did you have a phone already on preorder? I'm asking because I have a phone on preorder that is still processing but I will reserve if I can. I don't want it to tell me to cancel my preorder before attempting to reserve. Wondering if the system told you that. I'm in the US but still curious.