Yet another: 2016 MBP 13" vs 15".. For music(logic/ableton)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by plexdk, Dec 21, 2016.

1. plexdk macrumors 6502

Hi,

Gonna make yet another thread. This time, which one would be best for music work.
    I'm gonna do some music production on the road (Logic) + use it for performing in Ableton.

Which one would be best? I love the extra screen estate + cores, but also like the portability of the 13" inch.

Does anyone here have some experience with this? (i guess the touch bar would be a nice addition to logic as well)

2. dapork macrumors regular

dapork

Logic should come out with something for the touchbar soon. I think the size should depend on your projects.

For rock band type productions a 13 inch is fine. Once you start adding tons of virtual instruments you may need the power of the 15".

In every other regard 15 is better because the Logic can look cramped on a 13" screen.

I've been using a 13 inch MacBook for some years but I'm gonna upgrade to a new 15". The thinness and weight aren't bad for a 15". Again. It depends on your own projects and how big they are.

3. andreyush macrumors 6502

andreyush

15" one - screen is bigger - very important advantage
    Quad-Core CPU - very important because logic needs a powerfull CPU ( more tracks , plug-ins, etc supported)
    Futureproof
    Touch bar is useless :) but take the 15" one . You won't regret

4. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch