Yet Another 3G Battery Question/Possible Issue...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andreab35, Jun 28, 2009.

1. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Hey all!

Ok.. this 3G of mine I believe may be having some battery issues.

• Screen brighteness in the middle (that's as much as I can take it to see. I have bad eye sight)
    • Bluetooth is off
    • Push notifications is off
    • Wifi off
    • Lock the iPhone when not in use, etc.
    • I rarely watch YouTube videos and I'm not a gamer on my phone.

It's around 7 o'clock when I take it off the charger. By around 1 in the afternoon (probably to check email twice, send some texts, make a very small call or two) the battery is half shot. Sometimes it can come down to worse.

If I use it straight up for about 30 minutes for something, like sending a long email, etc. I'm just kissing the battery life goodbye.

Today I'm testing it through normal use to see what exactly happens. I took it off the charger when it was fully charged at 7:30 here in the morning, and I haven't done anything much with it so far.
    By the time my battery is almost gone, I'll post the usage time.

What do you guys think?

*Oh yes, on an extra note. Last night I let the battery fully drain. I drained it till the phone would not turn on. When that happened, I plugged it into the charger, the phone turned back on again, showed that I had about 3/4 of a battery left. I unplugged it, it still showed the same thing. I've also restored the OS before to fix these possible battery problems if it's a software issue. Awkward?*

2. 2259 macrumors member

I've booked an appointment with a Genius tomorrow reference my battery life, from theese stats i suggest you do the same.

They'll either replace battery or the iPhone

3. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

How was the battery life before the 3.0 software update?

4. andreab35 thread starter macrumors 6502a

andreab35

I will be booking an appointment soon if my findings become unsatisfying. I'm guessing they will replace the battery- because I don't think they want to replace my iPhone. (It's all scratched up from... friends taking it, using it, sliding it across the table, etc. I NEVER mishandle my Apple products).

The battery life before 3.0 was unfortunately the same thing. Nowadays, if I need the iPhone to last the whole day, usually I'll put it in airplane mode just to conserve battery.