Yet another Apple Watch "Fitting"

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mbhforum, Apr 11, 2015.

1. mbhforum, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015

mbhforum macrumors 6502

I just got back from my try on appointment (which I didn't need as they weren't extremely busy). The Apple retail employee was very nice and helpful and even let me try on as many bands as I wanted within my timeslot and even let my wife try the Milanese 38" on.(she had the black jacket sleeve) All of the Apple Watch retail employees who help with the watches wear Navy Blue tshirts. All of my pre-orders were exactly right on as I was happy with what I originally ordered. I am glad I went with 42" as the 38" looked very small in person, but it depends on your wrist (I have a 180" mm).

I also played with the demo's on the stand and was very impressed with the quality of the screen and colors, as well as the interface. I didn't notice any lag, but there are no third party apps loaded on the display units, which I believe is where the reviewers noticed some lag.

Here are my thoughts on the bands/types I tried:

1) Apple Sport Edition with Black Sport Band - The aluminum felt like you would expect. Liked the look of it, but it's a very casual watch that I personally wouldn't want to wear to my office, although I think I can get away with it. I LOVED the sport band, it's got a very soft, supple feel to it. I am glad I ordered the SS with Black Sport band and Bright Blue Leather Loop band.

2) Apple Edition with "Bright Blue" Leather Loop - Loved this band and glad I ordered this band as an extra. They call it bright, but it has more of a midnight blue look to it. Even in the bright lit Apple Store, it didn't seem overly bright. I liked the feel of the leather too as it was very soft and lightweight. This band can be worn in my office and on weekends. I have a feeling it will be my go to band.

3) Apple Edition with Milanese - Not my taste (but my wife loved the 38 that she tried on). It felt silky smooth. I can see why some people like it.

4) Apple Edition Classic Leather - My least favorite. Very plain, didn't feel overly luxurious (I own a Burberry leather strapped watch which I felt was even nicer). This band didn't do anything for me, but can look nice in a suit/business casual environment.

Attached Files:

2. KPOM macrumors G5

I agree the Classic band is fairly plain looking. It could be deliberate, as it is also the least conspicuous in an office setting. I think Apple should offer some additional more creative choices with the Classic band.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I also love the leather loop. I wish they made it in the 38mm. The stainless steel was actually my favorite. I cannot believe I ordered it. These better carry over to the apple watch 2 haha. $449 is a hard pill to swallow for a band.

4. mbhforum thread starter macrumors 6502

Here are some more pics.

Attached Files:

5. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

I disagree. Any 38" phone would look massive, even strapped to the side of a barrel.

Sorry, my bad, I notice you have 180" wrists, so not too bad.

:D:cool:

6. mbhforum thread starter macrumors 6502

I didn't even bother trying it on as I couldn't justify the price tag. I will wait to see if there is some decent third party options there.

7. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

what size is the top left? I think that looks the best out of all of your photos.

8. mbhforum thread starter macrumors 6502

Oops 180 mm!

----------

All of the photos were 42 except for my wife's arm (she had the black jacket and red bracelet). That was a 38 Milanese.