Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dklassen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
Spring Hill, TN
I'm coming off a Blackberry Curve 8330. I've had my iPhone for a couple days now and my biggest issue is finding a case that will work for me. I don't know why someone can't design an easy in and easy out belt clip case for this thing.

Ever seen a Blackberry OEM leather case? Simple, protective, spring loaded swivel belt clip and magnetic top flap. They just work and you can get your fingers on the sides of the device to easily pull it out.

I wonder if an OEM Blackberry Storm case might fit? I think they are close in size. Is there any issue with the magnet in the case that may harm the screen or anything in the iPhone?

Anyone else tried a Blackberry case?

CBLA8300LC01_2_acc_L.jpg

CBLA8300LC01_4_acc_L.jpg

dklassen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
Spring Hill, TN
Thanks for the good info. Given the Blackberry case may be my only option that really works for me, I may just pull the mag out of it and use some velcro.

dklassen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
Spring Hill, TN
Just thinking, most of the Blackberry leather cases are magnetic. Used one for years with my BB. What the difference? Why would a Blackberry magnet be ok with a Blackberry but not an iPhone? Doesn't make sense.

Drlyman

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2009
Just thinking, most of the Blackberry leather cases are magnetic. Used one for years with my BB. What the difference? Why would a Blackberry magnet be ok with a Blackberry but not an iPhone? Doesn't make sense.

I also wonder about that. I am afraid to try it, though. The story about the three phones in the link I referenced keeps me from using the BB holster. By the date of the link, I am guessing the phones were the first generation iPhones. I don't know if that matters or not.

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
When I initially switched over from Curve to iPhone Gen. 1, I used Curve BB Case and never had an issue. I am now using the Marware CEO Case which has the magnetic flap and I still dont have any issues with my phone.

Perhaps its the certain case that may cause a problem but no issues with the BB Case and the Marware Case for me.

Drlyman

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2009
When I initially switched over from Curve to iPhone Gen. 1, I used Curve BB Case and never had an issue. I am now using the Marware CEO Case which has the magnetic flap and I still dont have any issues with my phone.

Perhaps its the certain case that may cause a problem but no issues with the BB Case and the Marware Case for me.

That's good to hear. You guys have really got me thinking about trying this out again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.