Yet another copy on Windows 7 website?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SiriusVector, Apr 29, 2009.

1. SiriusVector macrumors regular

Attached Files:

2. chewietobbacca macrumors 6502

It looks close, although website design tends to overlap a lot (as in, people go with what works most efficiently) and who knows who actually made these, a lot of websites, even from tech companies, get done by outside groups

3. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

At least they're doing *something* to make getting around their site easier....

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

5. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

So much Microsoft hate. Microsoft doesn't have to fail for Apple to win guys!

And back on topic, I used the same sort of footer (but black, to go with the black theme) of the last website I worked on.

6. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

Yeah. Obviously if Microsoft uses a logical navigation scheme on their site it's a copy of Apple. Because, obviously Apple was the first company ever to put links at the bottom of a page. :rolleyes:

I think some Apple users need to stop assuming everything Microsoft does it a direct response to Apple. The reality it, Apple has less than 10% of the market, and Microsoft probably doesn't much care what they do or what their website looks like.

7. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

everybody seems to be forgetting Xerox :p :rolleyes:

8. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

So, first MS has the nerve to copy Apple's Retail stores, and now this?

9. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

If we could actually see the source code for both then we could tell if it was a copy in about 30 seconds. They could be made using completely different languages and its just a coincidence.

10. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

They know that Apple is going to own them in the future!. Since apple went to intel the possibilities are now endless.

11. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Incorrect.

Apple's market share is rising and Microsoft's is falling. Says it all really.

12. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

That is so erroneous. If Microsoft were to ignore Apple, it would be a corporate blunder of WindowsMEnian proportions. Fist of all, it makes no sense for Microsoft to completely ignore their number one competitor, and secondly is would be a financial mistake.

-

On topic: Normally I would say it wasn't a copy, since footer links are so common, but the neat columns coupled with similar type size, bolding, and the header topped and footed with a 1px grey line just seems to make it a bit more than coincidental. At any rate, it still makes good design and accessibility sense to have your basic links in the text format in the footer.

At any rate, I'm not going to hold it against M$ just for something like this. Footer layout is hardly a boardroom decision. Having worked on some big sites, you'd be surprised how far down the rungs some design & layout ideas come from..

13. kymac macrumors 6502a

kymac

i noticed they both included the color white somewhere on the page, and also english was heavily used in both designs too.

14. djellison macrumors 68020

And they used TEXT. Actual WORDS. Microsoft clearly lifted that ideas straight from Cupertino.
    :rolleyes:

15. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

and yet another example of why apple users are though of of mindless idiots. This is an example why apple users are not respected....

I have seen this formate for multiple things across multiple web sites. It is a simple straight forward approach.

16. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Quick commisioner call Batman. He'll put a stop to this copy cat