Yet another cover art thread

Discussion in 'iPod' started by matttrick, Jan 8, 2008.

1. matttrick macrumors 6502

I don't know, im just getting so frustrated with all of this. I have most of my library from my non itunes windows days, and after all these years still do not have the right artwork because its such a pain to find a program that does it right.

i tried jaikoz, but it did not make the changes show up in itunes, even doing 50 songs at a time. i tried fetchart, and it put most of the wrong art with the wrong songs. it was a total mess.

i really dont know what to do at this point. im not going to do this manually, anyone have any other suggestions on how to just get a damned working coverflow?

2. Canerican macrumors regular

The only way that always works is manually. Sorry.

3. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

manually seems to be the best for non iTunes purchases/rips. Just drag straight from the web browser onto the selected in the artwork shown on the left and your good to go. I am finding that if you do this from the beginning you will be much happier. I am in the middle of an iTunes reload with proper tracking, artist, genre and cover art. Its taking some time but quite worth it with coverflow on iTunes and the iPhone.

4. SLC Flyfishing macrumors 65816

SLC Flyfishing

Have you used the Amazon album art widget? It makes finding the artwork easier, and it will insert it into your library with just one click. I got it from the widget list at Apple's website. Once I got it, it was only about 35 minutes before I had all my artwork for about 2,000 tracks that still lacked it.

SLC

5. abrooks macrumors 6502a

If the song, artist and album are exactly the same as they are listed on the iTunes store then iTunes will go find the artwork itself.

Naturally this relies on iTunes having the song and still requires naming the songs correctly.

6. matttrick thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah, the problem is that this music is pre-itunes and way before i cared about album art. i spend all night yesterday doing it manually, but thanks for the replies.

one question though... some of the art was found by itunes, does that actually embed the art into the file? or is it separate?

7. matttrick thread starter macrumors 6502

now im having a different issue though. since placing the art in itunes and thus on my ipod, it has at least doubled the amount of space taken up on the ipod. is this right? do i get half the storage when i add album art? this seems like this cannot be right

i had maybe 40% of the ipod filled before adding the art, and now its only got 500mb left. this is on a 3G 4gb nano. :confused:

8. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

album art does take up space but I am not sure if that is correct. You can turn off album art for the iPod but keep it in iTunes.

9. Mr.Texor macrumors regular

10. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

It shouldn't take up that much more. Unless you were putting really large image files into the tracks. I know it didn't for me. Not sure what could have caused that. You could try some tests. Pick an album, go to the finder, then see how large that album folder is. Remove the artwork from the files (for ones you did manually) and see how much the size changed.

11. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I use a combination of iEatBrainz - Amazon Art Widget - One I Paid for

12. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I still Clutter to be nearly flawless. Stability issues occurr here and there, but ultimately it works very well. And makes getting the art into iTunes with a quick key command.

13. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

I've used Corripio with great success. It works w. itunes and I've been able to find artwork for near all the orphaned songs without art. It's a free download and can search many databases by song, artist, album.

14. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Dude, just downloaded Clutter - me likes. Nice little program. Thanks.

15. kewl macrumors newbie

Keeping me up at night

Ok, ever since I discovered this thread, I've been obsessing about updating my music library (1900+ songs) to ensure all of my songs have cover art. This makes the cover flow viewing (on leopard and iphone) so much nicer.

Cool thread. Thanks for bringing it up and showing me this feature! :)

16. matttrick thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the replies. i am checking out some of the programs. i can't seem to find a working download for ieatbrainz anywhere though. the official page hasnt worked for me :confused:

17. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Just an itty-bitty wittle wibrary.