Yet another iPhone jailbreak question.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by serialtoon, Jul 29, 2009.

1. serialtoon macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

Im wondering about update 3.1. I have not jailbroken my phone yet, but i want to do it right now. The only problem i have is when 3.1 is released. What happens then? I assume we will not be able to update to 3.1 until someone has successfully cracked it, correct? After having MMS for a long time, jumping to the iPhone without it is painful and i cannot wait till it arrives with the so-called 3.1 update. So, i guess my question is, what happens when 3.1 releases? Thanks a lot.

2. SeanMcC macrumors regular

You could just upgrade to it and remove the jail break until it's cracked if you want MMS that bad.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

We wont really know untill 3.1 is released.
    You dont need a software update to allow MMS, almost all the rest of the iphone carriers in the world already have MMS on their networks and that was done thru a carrier update, not a whole new software update.

4. serialtoon thread starter macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

So i think i am a bit confused. Is it Apple's release of 3.1 that will allow MMS or will it be ATT that will turn the "switch" on? If its up to ATT then i guess we will have to wait till sometime in 2024. :D

5. nickels macrumors member

MMS is already available in 3.0, it's AT&T that needs to turn the ON switch.

6. serialtoon thread starter macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I just jailbroke using purplera1n method. I dont see Freeze to install Cydia. Can someone help me on this matter?

7. serialtoon thread starter macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

I just went there and it doesnt seem to answer my question. I ran purplera1n. It did its thing, rebooted and all...and nothing. It was as if i never ran it.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Run purplerain again then. Once done restart the iPhone and it should show up.

9. serialtoon thread starter macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

So far i have "let it rain" about 5 times. Rebooted everytime and nothing. Im doing a restore right now and ill try again. If i restore and restore my backup, would it cause any problems?

10. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

I would restore it, and the follow step by step the proven methods posted on hackthatphone.

start here,
    http://www.hackthatphone.com/3x/read_me_first.html

Then go one by one on the 'start here' menu and select what you want to do.

11. serialtoon thread starter macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

I got it to jailbreak. But after i installed winterboard it crashed and i had to enter DFU mode to restore....again. :confused: