Yet another issue with my watch :(

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Nothingfaced, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Nothingfaced macrumors member

So we've established that the side button is supposed to have some "give" or jiggle to it, but today for my birthday I got a new watch band, and the band jiggles also.

Another words, where the end of the 2 bands slides into the apple watch, if you jiggle the bands, it has some give to it. Is this normal?

Should the bands be 100% immobile where they slide in, or is this slight jiggle normal?

2. fanta88 macrumors 6502

I really don't think this is an issue. There's some give, especially with the sport bands. My BSB has some play. It is perfectly fine and has never dislodged from the watch body on accident. There's an earlier thread that discusses this.

I'd say it's only an issue if the band isn't locking into the watch. Enjoy your watch and don't worry about it so much.

3. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

What band? I have 3 bands and none of them jiggle, nor does the side button

4. Nothingfaced thread starter macrumors member

It's a 3rd party brown leather band from Best Buy. And yes, the band locks into the watch just fine.

Either way, I have Apple Care Plus so if I continue to be disappointed, I'll force Apple to exchange the watch.

5. fanta88 macrumors 6502

Sounds like it's a problem with the band, not your watch, especially considering it's a 3rd party band.

6. Nothingfaced thread starter macrumors member

My stock milanese loop had an ever so slight "jiggle" also.... so I have no idea what the cause is. Needless to say, I'm disappointed.

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You can't do that if the culprit is the 3rd party band. Apple is not responsible for your new 3rd party brown leather band jiggling on your Watch.

8. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

You'll force Apple to exchange the watch to suit a 3rd party band ? Good luck and hope it works out for you but that's not what Apple care is for

9. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

1. We have no established that the side button "should" have any jiggle to it. There are just many that do, and it is due to manufacturing variations. I have had watches with virtually no jiggle--at least imperceptible unless you purposely try to do it. I have had some that invariably do it when you touch the button. In other words, it varies from 1-10 in terms of looseness, and just depends on that watch's build.

IMO, the buttons should not have jiggle. I have returned one with jiggle for one without, and I am MUCH happier. It's annoying to notice it every time you touch the button.

2. Same with the jiggling bands. It's all manufacturing variations. Some fit better than others. I went through 3 WSBs, and they all have jiggle. Some people report none (particularly on BSBs). My link band has none, nor did my milanese loops. I still have that last WSB with some jiggle in it.

It's not "normal" in the sense that this is the way it should be. It is "common" in that many people have it.

The only way to get Apple's attention is to return the defective ones, and let them know what is going on. If people just accept these problems, Apple will never know and will be happy not changing anything as it is the most cost effective solution for them.

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The OP isn't likely to get their attention if he tells them he's getting the jiggling with a third party band.