Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matt Phoenix

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
Sorry, but I've just had some trouble finding a good case for my 14 inch iBook. Many cases seems to be too small for mine, as there seem to be plenty for a 12 inch iBook or even a 15 inch Powerbook, but not a 14 inch iBook. I was looking into the Timbuk2 messenger bags, and I loved the laptop messenger bag...until I realized my laptop was an inch too tall to fit into the computer compartment. Then I considered buying a medium messenger bag and a sleeve for my iBook...then I realized the external size of the messenger bag was the same height as my iBook...meaning a sleeve would be a very tight fit. I'm not sure if I want to pay even more for a large size bag on top of a sleeve.

I'm still looking around for a good bag. Any other good places for a case for a 14 inch iBook? I'd like to hear your advice on a bag...especially if you have the same laptop as I do.

Matt Phoenix

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
Ah, I just reread the medium bag measurements,and the height of the bag is 10.5", and the laptop is 10.2". If I were to get a sleeve, would it be able to fit in there, or would I be cutting it a little too close?

Cloudgazer

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2005
RSA
Have you looed at any of the crumpler products?
or radtech?

surely they make bags/sleeves for the ibook?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.