Yet another MacBook pro issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jono.c, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Jono.c macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I posted on here about 2 months ago with an issue..

Resolved it with a new HDD and hdd cable..

This is the last chance with this MacBook before i throw it out and get something else.

My brother borrowed it's hdd and battery for his because he was experiencing issue's..

After putting them back in (Yes i've checked everything is plugged in correctly etc) it now has an issue...

When you boot it up, it shows the white screen with the apple logo for about 10 seconds, then goes black and turns off..

Is this maybe another cooked hard drive? Thanks

2. igroucho macrumors newbie

1) Try Safe boot.
    2) Start up from your original installation CD (came with the MacBook)
    3) If you have Lion or later installed you might be able to start up from restore partition (will be visible when restarting with option key pressed)

(or restart from an external hard drive with system installed - if you are unable to start from an USB external harddrive I guess your motherboard is cooked)

3. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

If it's a bad hard drive, the Mac will usually flash a question mark on the screen, not turn off.

I'm sorry you've had so many problems. Most people don't have these issues - maybe you could take it to the Apple Store and tell them to replace the whole computer, since there's an unidentifiable problem that keeps cropping up. Tell them it's interfering with your work - that should prompt them to offer a replacement.