Yet another MacBook Pro Release thread

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BossofMASS, Feb 14, 2008.

  1. BossofMASS macrumors member

    Feb 12, 2008
    Ok, I've been seeing all kinds of dates for the expected release of the new MacBook Pros, each with their own evidence for release... What do you guys think is the most accurate date out of them all?
  2. squeeks macrumors 68040


    Jun 19, 2007
    you are going to get answers to your question both ways...its personal opinion thats why there are so many freaking threads about it

    it could be next week, it could be 3-4 months from now...if you really want to know, call apple and beg to talk to steve jobs and maybe you can convince him to tell you
  3. ibizarocks macrumors regular

    Oct 2, 2007
    none of them. no one knows. it's pure speculation. montevina has the most reliable update guess of all as there is an event around then. penryn however is plagued with shipping issues (apparently) and many other things which makes guessing the date impossible. plus there is also the added problem of apple releasing quite a few other major things ie the i phone SDK around now that they won't want to detract from as well as the recent release of the mba which they'll still want to rinse sales out of.

    on a personal note the word 'bastards' springs to mind when i think of this issue. why can't they just tell us! :D
  4. jackc macrumors 65816


    Oct 19, 2003
  5. franz1999 macrumors member

    Feb 10, 2008
    I wonder how bad are the sales for MBP right now

    And I wonder how is this affected by the buyer's guide here on macrumors.
    I would have probably bought one around Xmas but because of this site and the Buyer's Guide I decided to wait and now I am just waiting indefinitely until they come out with a new model whatever the update might be.
    I know it's probably stupid to wait but in my life I always buy stuff and then the week after an updates comes around so I am trying to get smart here, LOL.
  6. ibizarocks macrumors regular

    Oct 2, 2007
    i waited since sept because of rumours it would get updated with leopard. now i have a new dilemma. wait for montevina or for the major update in jan09! it's rediculous!!!!

    i'm actually starting to not want the next update because it's taken so long and that its pissed me off!
  7. landis macrumors regular

    Apr 9, 2007
    Toronto/Kingston Canada
    why would you think it was going to be updated with leopard when it was very clearly updated in june *or around then* and leopard was released in october

    i bought mine in august
  8. thechidz macrumors 68000


    Jul 25, 2007
    New York City
    I told myself...


  9. HLdan macrumors 603


    Aug 22, 2007
    Sales aren't bad for the MBP. It's just this forum full of members that may not be buying until the next release. This forum represents a 10th of a half percent of Apple's customers. Most people walk into the Apple store or order online and don't give it a second thought about the Penryn or Montezema or whatever it's called, they just buy what's in stock and go home and fire it up and get work done.
    I think this forum needs to take lessons from the average consumer, at least the average consumer is playing with their MBP while the MR members are waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for..........what?????
  10. Full of Win macrumors 68030

    Full of Win

    Nov 22, 2007
    Ask Apple
    Well, Amazons rebate offer ends Monday, so by that I guess they think they will have new stock on Tuesday...or later.
  11. bamf macrumors 6502

    Feb 14, 2008

    Dell will start taking orders for Penryns on the 21st, so hopefully the MBP will come shortly after that.

Share This Page