Yet another MBA 13" Bag Thread (UK)

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by gazzrenn, Aug 24, 2011.

1. gazzrenn macrumors 6502

gazzrenn

Hey guys,

My first MBA (13" i7) is due for delivery on 2nd September. I've not owned a laptop for a while so I have no bag whatsoever to put the MBA in.

I own an iPad 2 so would like to carry that around with me also.

I've done a fair amount of searching on here for something suitable but all the sites people seem to link to are based in the USA. I don't really want to pay over the odds with shipping etc and have to wait for it to arrive.

I quite like the Tom Bihn Ristretto, costs bit more than I'd normally / want to spend on a bag though...

So, does anyone know of a good resource for finding MBA bags in the UK?

Thanks in advance :)
    G

2. pollaxe macrumors 6502

pollaxe

I was in Bristol over the weekend (I was off to the Apple Store to pick up a Speck Satin case in black) but I also bought a Tucano Work Out bag from the branch of Currys in The Mall.

There were quite a few 13" bags around, in the Apple Store, PC World etc. but the Tucano was the one I liked best. I'm not sure if this helps answer your question or not but I was pleasantly surprised at seeing a few when I was out and about.

3. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

How do you like the Work Out bag? They carry it in a Frys near me and I was toying with picking that one up.

4. pollaxe, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011

pollaxe macrumors 6502

pollaxe

I'm really liking it so far - it's compact and easy to carry but has a nice smattering of pockets for extra 'gubbins' storage and I like the padding too. I don't use the shoulder strap, I carry it by both handles or put it inside a larger bag (a daysack, usually) if I'm out and about.

I keep the MBA charger in the internal cable pop-out pouch on the front lower pocket and also (occasionally) my first gen iPad (+cover) in the second pocket on the front, though it fits neatly in the rear pocket too. I also have a couple of cables, a 2.5" external USB drive, some USB keys and an SDHC card in there too.

I'd been looking online for a couple of weeks for a bag for it but hadn't really seen anything I liked but the Work Out bag caught my eye as soon as I saw it. I've got a Speck Satin case on my MBA and it's all a nice, snug fit inside so I'm really very happy with the bag and my current set-up. :)

5. kwajkat macrumors regular

kwajkat

I really like my Tucano bags. Love the tile blue color

6. gazzrenn thread starter macrumors 6502

gazzrenn

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I've traditionally stayed away from PC world etc as they always tended to have very business focused bags.

I had a look in there though after reading your replies and they actually have a decent selection in my local CurrysPCWorld (they appear to have bonded together now)

They have some good Tucano bags and some good Quiksilver ones... good call guys.

Just have to wait for the MBA to get here now!

7. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

I picked one up last night and it holds all of my various cables and adapters and is decent looking. I am pretty pleased with it (and am usually pretty picky about cases).