Yet another Mighty Mouse question...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MacPossum, Aug 5, 2007.

1. MacPossum macrumors 6502

MacPossum

I recently bought a BT600 and well.. the connection sucks. How is the Bluetooth connection on the Mighty Mouse? I realize that this has been discussed in multiple threads over and over again but they all seem like 'older' posts. So, simply put, does the Mighty Mouse have some sort of superior connection that other Bluetooth mice do not have?

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

i can't imagine it would, bt is a standard, its connectivity shouldn't be different just because its made by apple.

3. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I didn't realise other bluetooth mice did drop connections, but saying that i've never owned one apart from my wireless mighty mouse, my one has never dropped a connection, even when sat a good 7 or 8 ft away.

4. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

My BT keyboard sometimes looses it's connection, but never either of my two MM .. :)

5. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

My BT MM has never dropped the connection, and two days ago the batteries finally died on me after a year's use.

But like clevin said, it's still BT so you might have a problem no matter what mouse you use.

6. MacPossum thread starter macrumors 6502

MacPossum

Well... this BT600 drops connection literally every 3-5 minutes. The only way to restore the connection is to plug it into the computer via the USB charge cable. Once I unplug it, 3-5 minutes later it loses connection again. Worthless piece of garbage I say, I'm about to just throw the mouse in the trash can and buy the BT Mighty Mouse. I should have known better.

7. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I get that sometimes too, if it's an apple wireless keyboard i think its to do with the batteries, they always seem incredibly loose on mine

8. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

Not exactly. The manufacturers do not need their "every" chip to meet the standard specifications, only a very limited number of their "typical" chips. That means there is a lot of room for deception with the gadgets makers in the know. Some of the gadget makers would rather buy the cheapest chips rather than the highest quality. There is firmware software aspects as well, so brand name still counts to some extent.

9. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Ive had my bt mm/kb for 6 months and have never lost a connection. everything is perfect except the scroll ball on the mm locks up...and I never even got dorito sludge in it!