Yet another Mighty Mouse question...

MacPossum

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
I recently bought a BT600 and well.. the connection sucks. How is the Bluetooth connection on the Mighty Mouse? I realize that this has been discussed in multiple threads over and over again but they all seem like 'older' posts. So, simply put, does the Mighty Mouse have some sort of superior connection that other Bluetooth mice do not have?

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
i can't imagine it would, bt is a standard, its connectivity shouldn't be different just because its made by apple.

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
I didn't realise other bluetooth mice did drop connections, but saying that i've never owned one apart from my wireless mighty mouse, my one has never dropped a connection, even when sat a good 7 or 8 ft away.

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
My BT MM has never dropped the connection, and two days ago the batteries finally died on me after a year's use.

But like clevin said, it's still BT so you might have a problem no matter what mouse you use.

MacPossum

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
Well... this BT600 drops connection literally every 3-5 minutes. The only way to restore the connection is to plug it into the computer via the USB charge cable. Once I unplug it, 3-5 minutes later it loses connection again. Worthless piece of garbage I say, I'm about to just throw the mouse in the trash can and buy the BT Mighty Mouse. I should have known better.

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
i can't imagine it would, bt is a standard, its connectivity shouldn't be different just because its made by apple.
Not exactly. The manufacturers do not need their "every" chip to meet the standard specifications, only a very limited number of their "typical" chips. That means there is a lot of room for deception with the gadgets makers in the know. Some of the gadget makers would rather buy the cheapest chips rather than the highest quality. There is firmware software aspects as well, so brand name still counts to some extent.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
Ive had my bt mm/kb for 6 months and have never lost a connection. everything is perfect except the scroll ball on the mm locks up...and I never even got dorito sludge in it!