Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gtwhaley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2009
Hey all,

I updated my 3g to 3.0 and added the modified carrier files. Presently I have MMS & Tethering working perfectly, but... Visual Voicemail no longer works. I would give up the tethering for VVM back. MMS was my primary objective anyways. I tried the "reset Network settings" but that only messed up my MMS and I had to redo that. So my questions are:

1) how can I get VVM working again without losing MMS?
2) noticed in some posts that some ppl have option of manually setting the APN under MMS related setting. that option does not appear on my phone. why?

Thanks,
Greg

iphone 3g 3.0 on AT&T

thisisarcadia

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2008
New Orleans, LA
the only way to do it is go to settings-general-networks-cellular data network and change your Voicemail username from i think wap.cingular? to acds.voicemail mine works perfectly again! it should work

gtwhaley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2009
that option is not shown on my phone

the only way to do it is go to settings-general-networks-cellular data network and change your Voicemail username from i think wap.cingular? to acds.voicemail mine works perfectly again! it should work

It does not give me the option to even see that entry to change it.

DaGreat01

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
Can we get some screenshots here? I would like to see a shot of your network settings (or where it should be). Maybe of your carrier version under about, and maybe even your messages settings.

gtwhaley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2009
screenshots attached

Can we get some screenshots here? I would like to see a shot of your network settings (or where it should be). Maybe of your carrier version under about, and maybe even your messages settings.

screenshots attached. thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0307.png
    IMG_0307.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0308.png
    IMG_0308.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 50

gtwhaley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2009
diff carrier file?

Wow thats weird...hhhmmmm. Not sure whats going on there.:confused:

Is there another carrier file I should use to try to allow me to update the APN's? I have MMS working now and hate to loose it... Could care less about tethering. Thanks.

musicismycallin

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2008
Calling myself (or having someone call me) a few times helped. I couldn't get it to work without a voicemail being left, then it just popped up like normal. I only have the tethering hack done, so maybe that might be the reason, but I figure it couldn't hurt to try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.