Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yivyn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
I know you probably get these threads all the time and I apologize. But this has driven my completely nuts for the past 3 hours. I have tried EVERYTHING.

I bought my iPod Touch brand new today. Every single thing I've done to try and jailbreak it has failed. I've tried suggestions from thread here, other sites, message boards, tutorials - NOTHING.

I need it jailbroken for my web design course (I have a class on Mobile Web Design), so any help asap would be amazing. Thank you so much!

kyleh613

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2010
What firmware is your touch? What generation?

Why do you need to jailbreak it for your web design class?

I'm kinda confused too how you managed to go 3 hours without finding a solution. I found out how to jailbreak a 3rd gen ipod touch within 10 seconds on google.

yivyn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
What firmware is your touch? What generation?

Why do you need to jailbreak it for your web design class?

I'm kinda confused too how you managed to go 3 hours without finding a solution. I found out how to jailbreak a 3rd gen ipod touch within 10 seconds on google.

I bought it new today. I assume it's a 3G? (First time, etc). It's version is 3.1.3 and Model is MC086C if that helps.

kambam

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2010
Help

I am also having this problem nothing will work, I have a 3G 8gb touch running on 3.1.2 firmware that i downgraded to. I downloaded blackra1n and when i try to start it up it says "blackra1n.exe - Unable to Locate Component" the says " this application has failed to start because ASL.dll was not found. Re-installing this application may fix this problem. But I did uninstall and re-install the program and got the same thing. i hit okay and it boots up but when I click make it ra1n it tells me this has failed and wants me to send and error report. I also tried redsn0w and Snowbreeze. How can i jailbreak my iPod. I need to know what to downgrade to, what iTunes to have, and anything else i need to know on how to do it. Thanks!

mugsysam

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2010
fix for blackra1n dll problem

i was having the problem with blackra1n.exe .the fix is to download i new copy of blackra1n to your C:\program files\common files\apple\apple application support .. then you can make a shortcut of blackra1n.exe to your desktop from this folder . i hope this helps it work for me ..

RangerXML

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2009
i was having the problem with blackra1n.exe .the fix is to download i new copy of blackra1n to your C:\program files\common files\apple\apple application support .. then you can make a shortcut of blackra1n.exe to your desktop from this folder . i hope this helps it work for me ..

Thank you, just ran into that problem when my iPhone rebooted. I thought I was screwed and about to have to buy an Android 2.2 based phone with native USB tethering support if I was going to have to restore my iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.