Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Davidtrippy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
Anyone else having this screen pop up on the Netflix App? I already power-cycled and de-activate from the netflix site and had no luck, anyone else have the same problem? :confused:

--Edit

Not Jailbroken, current iOS version

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

everydream23

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2011
Same here

Same thing is happening here. Most up-to-date iOS no jailbreak.

Can't access any other options... streaming still works perfectly..

I am not sure but did Netflix have HD before tonight? Because I am watching streaming HD horrible B Movie from Sci Fi right now.

x64Man

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2011
Same here.

Glad I have a PS3 backup. My 2 Atv's are useless lately for Netflix.

benraven

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2011
Yes. I noticed it tonight (wed). It worked fine yesterday, and today only three menu items show up. I power cycled it, logged out and back in, no change. I am hoping to not have to reset it and reenter my settings.

I scheduled a call with apple support for tomorrow morning. I'll update this thread if they resolve it.

Ben

Edit -----

A nod to DavidTrippy for Dr. Who on the recent list. :)

baforer

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2011
Anyone else having this screen pop up on the Netflix App? I already power-cycled and de-activate from the netflix site and had no luck, anyone else have the same problem? :confused:

Yes, I have the same screen on my ATV2. It was working fine 2 hours ago, but now I just have the Instant Queue, Search and Logoff options. Hopefully it will be working again tomorrow.

everydream23

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2011
Confirm HD before Tonight

Can anyone confirm Netflix on AppleTV had HD content before tonight? I did a search and the HD icon is showing up... I don't remember that before tonight.

I am still having issues with the menu as well.

marco114

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2001
USA
Netflix Menu Missing Items

I can't browse by Genre or Recently Watched or Suggestions any more...

I only see the 3 items:
- Instant Queue
- Search
- Logout

I am able to stream movies by searching and by Instant Queue, but previously watched items are gone, browsing by genre is gone too. It really *****. Please fix this apple!

I tried:

Rebooting Device, waiting 30 seconds.

Tried my other Apple TV 2, same issue

Reseting device to factory default

Nothing worked.

baforer

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2011
Can anyone confirm Netflix on AppleTV had HD content before tonight? I did a search and the HD icon is showing up... I don't remember that before tonight..

I have always had HD on the ATV2, however it is only for select movies.

ladymacintosh

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2011
Seattle
I had the exact same problem. My ATV2 is up to date, not jailbroken or unlocked. Yesterday when I went home and turned it on, the categories were all returned to normal and I did nothing in between when they disappeared and reappeared. Must have been a Netflix thing.

It sure would be nice if they gave us some notice as to when they were going to do updates or have outages. How hard is it to send an email notification?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.