Yet another Numbers question.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BentwoodBlue, May 12, 2008.

1. BentwoodBlue macrumors member

I could use a little coding help on a book I am working on.

On one sheet I have people's names in column J and in column BO I have either Yes or No.

On another sheet I have a list of 28 names and I would like to have a forumla that uses the name on this sheet and references the names in J and counts the number of "No" values in the BO.

Not sure I have explained it clearly, but if anyone can offer any help I would appreciate it.

Michael

2. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

I feel rather dumb. As I was working on this I lost internet connection and couldn't revise my post. Sorry for the confusion.

3. BentwoodBlue thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the help. Not quite what I need..
    I guess that I forgot to mention that in "Sheet 1" a name will appear more than once. So I need the "Sheet 2" table to tell me how many times a given name has a corresponding "No" string associated with it.

4. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Add another column to the first sheet that uses an if statement to display the names only if the value in the column is "no"

Then do a countif statement for each name. I don't think there's a way to automatically enter the names in the formulas, but I'd be happy to be corrected.

5. BentwoodBlue thread starter macrumors member

That's what I ended up doing in the end.
    Thanks