Yet another PHP mail complaint

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Not Available, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Joined:
    Jun 30, 2009
    Hi! I'm trying to send an email using PHP's mail() function. I've got everything set up locally, from my /Library/WebServer/Documents. The only problem is... I can't seem to get the email. I've got two email addresses, a Gmail one and an Yahoo! one. I'm trying to send from my Y! to my Google. But I can't. What do I need in order to do this? I don't have any domains or so...

2. Cerebrus' Maw macrumors 6502

When you say using your Y! account to send to Gmail, do you mean your logging into your own Y! account via the mbox routine in php, and then sending the mail?

Or are you using the normal mail() function and setting the "from" parameter to your Y! account, so it looks as if it came from there?

Posting some of your coding would help also. :D

3. Not Available thread starter Guest

Well... I've edited the php.ini file, uncommenting the sendmail_path, and setting it to sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i -f sdadada @ yahoo.com, where sdadada @ yahoo.com is my actual Yahoo! Account name.

It still won't send. I've read some things about Postfix. Do I need it? How do I activate it?

Thanks in advance!

LATE EDIT: Nevermind, I had to restart the servers in order for the change to take effect. I'm so happy it works I'll be throwing a party for my toys :D