Yet Another Post about 13-Vs-15 mbp

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gu4rd1an, Apr 17, 2010.

1. gu4rd1an macrumors newbie

Hello world!

After waited so much weeks now i NEED to buy a macbook pro, i'm n00b in the mac world!
    I'm oriented on the 13" for mobility.
    I'm computer engineer, my main computing needs on a notebook are coding (mainly with XCODE for iphone) and i really like to carry EVERYWHERE EVERYTIME my notebook with me.
    My only doubts are about CPU, i KNOW that c2duo it's ok for my needs but... a core i5... well it's really interesting :D

At last i think to buy the 13" and, if in the future will be released a 13" i5, sell my 13" c2d and buy the new revision.

Hints?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

As far as I know, xCode coding isn't very demanding so you should be fine with 13". My sister got 13" MacBook today and it's as fast as my iMac in general usage

3. gu4rd1an thread starter macrumors newbie

mmm yep, i'm surely will not use my notebook to render movies or similar... just coding (at least for home music production but i've a dedicated sound card for this...)

4. Kingcodez macrumors 6502

Kingcodez

If you can afford it, get it, you'll be happy. If it's a stretch then don't, you will still be happy.

I'd go with the 13", you get the long battery, it's a tad lighter, ect. Just throw a big SSD in there with the money you save.

5. gu4rd1an thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, i need also BIG disk.

How could devaules a 13" c2d when (or if XD) in future will be release a 13" corei5?

6. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Get yourself a 13", and don't worry about upgrading for quite some time. Yes the i5 is faster, and newer and shiner and cooler. Very very few people will actually see a difference between a c2d and i5/i7, and there are just as few purposes for which you would need the upgrade. Plus, for the 13", I doubt they are going to put even an i5 in it, maybe i3. The 13" is great for portability, and if you want more screen, get a monitor for it, it works great.