(Yet Another) Question about a MB Bag

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Lorelai, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Lorelai macrumors member

I promise this isn't a "which bag should I get" thread... well it is in a way, but I've already decided on a Timbuk2 Classic Messenger Bag with a Laptop insert. My question is related to the size of the bag.

I am a college student, so I would like a bag big enough to hold my MB and a few books for class rather than having to carry a separate bag for my computer. I normally carry a five-subject spiral notebook, a thin three-ring binder and a few folders with the occasional book thrown in every now and then. I won't be taking my MB to every class, so the contents of the bag will fluctuate, but never hold more than what's listed above.

My question, for anyone who has the bag or has seen one in action, is: Would the Medium be big enough for all of that or do I need to upgrade to the Large?

Thanks so much! :D

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

IMHO, the large is a better bet. I always seem to need to toss in just one more thing. And the timbuk2 stuff doesn't seem to be designed for widescreens like the MB, so I'm not sure how the MB would do inside the medium.

I've got a timbuk2 commute and the build in sleeve (which is for a 15" square-ish PC) doesn't take the MB well.