Yet another reason to jailbreak

nora47

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
Sick of only being able to stick 12 apps into a folder, but dont want to use categories over the stock folders, well there is now a new app on cydia called Infinifolders and it does what you would think, makes it possible to add more than 12 icons into the stock folders. It costs $1.99 but it was worth it. Im running this on a 3g and it is ok, but im sure this will work flawless and look amazing on an iphone4.

twisted-pixel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2009
San Jose, CA
Sick of only being able to stick 12 apps into a folder, but dont want to use categories over the stock folders, well there is now a new app on cydia called Infinifolders and it does what you would think, makes it possible to add more than 12 icons into the stock folders. It costs $1.99 but it was worth it. Im running this on a 3g and it is ok, but im sure this will work flawless and look amazing on an iphone4.
not really new, but very popular...I have it myself...but only because I can't get rid of folders and use overboard instead :(

Comment

JReynolds

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2009
Where the Air Force sends me
Agreed!

I can't believe Apple didn't do it this way to begin with. I assume it's because the older model iPhone's would lag when opening a folder with 50games. Disable that feature for the old models like you did multitasking!

Apple should really pack in more useful features, I'm fine with no video wallpaper but this should be obvious

Comment

nora47

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
Agreed!

I can't believe Apple didn't do it this way to begin with. I assume it's because the older model iPhone's would lag when opening a folder with 50games. Disable that feature for the old models like you did multitasking!

Apple should really pack in more useful features, I'm fine with no video wallpaper but this should be obvious
using a 3g i can attest that it is slower, but opening folders on a 3g was slow to begin with, or at least on mine. But i mainly got this because i have about 16 or so games on my phone, and hated having two folders for that. And about 24 or so other apps.

And yeah apple should have made a larger limit for the 3gs and 4, but i dont agree with them limiting wallpapers, and say a folders limit. But then again, ios4 basically makes 3g very close to useless in some cases.

Comment

redalert33

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2010
No lag

That's odd, as I have no lag... just a split second -- no different than folders before....

Comment