Yet another Reception question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Feral, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Feral macrumors newbie

So I just got myself a shiny new iphone 4 the other day, and the thing is pristine, other then the reception issue. I know many have said that with the newer production runs that it pretty much is a non issue now.

But I can almost always bring it down to one bar if not outright kill it by putting my finger on the black band. My phone is a week 39 run. I am on the telus network, is this something Im just going to deal with? Or should I bother bringing up the issue and getting myself another phone, or am I just as likely to have the same problem?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

There have been no objective, confirmed reports of design changes to the iPhone 4. Any phone you get will have the same issue as a first week release did; an exchange is highly unlikely to change anything for you. For most people, it's only an issue in areas of locally weak signal, and it can be avoided by not touching that particular spot when in use.

Different cases produce different results--a TPU case I have barely stops the signal drop at all, while a hard polycarbonate slider case I picked up from Amazon won't drop signal no matter how I hold it. Apple's bumper performance falls in between those two. Regardless, I have yet to have a dropped call in more than two months of use. So I suggest a good case if you start seeing actual dropped calls (not just dropped signal, which really doesn't mean much).

3. firewood macrumors 604

You choices are:

Put up with dropped calls (wherever AT&T's signal is weak to average).

Hold different.

Use a bumper or case (or with a strong signal, maybe only a bandaid).

Take it back and wait till next summer's version (iPhone 5?).

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

The OP is on Telus, so the customary AT&T bashing will do him no good.

5. Amino Man macrumors 6502

Oh snap!!!

6. THE dAY macrumors 6502

I don't see any AT&T bashing here.

What I see is a post giving options on what to do and the poster mistakenly wrote/assumed "AT&T".

You can replace the word "AT&T" with the word "Telus" and get the same gist.

7. Feral thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info guys, I was just wondering as it seems like some people report the same issue, whiles others seem to magically not have it at all. Odd that It would be like that.