Yet another Refurb vs New thread

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mrpalmer420, Mar 18, 2008.

1. mrpalmer420 macrumors regular

mrpalmer420

I have come to the conclusion that i wanted the Top 20" model.

Then i looked at the refurb store and noticed that i can get the 24" with the same config as the 20" for the same price.

Here is my conundrum. I have been burned by other refurbs (not apple but other companies). Also i am an instant gratification kind of guy so for the new one i can get it right away but the refurb i will have to wait the shipping time.

Is the 24" that much better in quality then the 20"?

Has anyone been burned by apple Refurbs?

I live in NJ, how long should the shipping time be?

Thanks for any help.

2. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

Buy it. I only buy apple refurbs. never have had a problem. got my ibook 1.42 with a super drive $300 off the exact one that was on the retail site.

3. ibglowin macrumors regular

Just bought a "refurbed" Blackbook a few weeks ago when the new ones were announced. Looked absolutely new. It works flawlessly. I saved $450 of the price of a new one.

4. slu macrumors 68000

slu

I have purchased everything from Laptops to Desktops to iPods to Airport Express Base Stations refurb from Apple and I have never had any trouble with any of them and they all looked perfect aesthetically. I wholly recommend it. Shipping time will only be a couple of days.

5. stomer macrumors 6502a

My Mac Mini is a refurb. There is only one issue with it, it has a small scratch on its top, but apart from that, it's perfect. I'm very happy with my purchase.

6. m1stake macrumors 68000

I bought my G4 refurbed in 2001, and it's been just like new.

Apple does a good job cleaning up and fixing their products.

7. Phil Lee macrumors 6502

I bought my first Apple computer, a refurbished 24" iMac, from the Apple UK website last week. Apart from arriving in a brown box I honestly couldn't see anything to indicate that it was a refurbished product.