Yet another report on iOS 4.0.1... :(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by br0adband, Jul 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

No luck here, at all. I'm known for massively long and thoroughly redundant posts but, I'm keeping it short and sweet:

I installed iOS 4.0.1 about 45 minutes ago on my iPhone 4, that problematic bastard of mine that I've had since June 23rd. I duplicated the same in-my-apartment tests I did weeks ago and then stepped out on my balcony where I'm line-of-sight with an AT&T cell site/tower here in downtown Las Vegas and... well...

Nothing has changed, except for having "bigger bars" I suppose. The phone still dies when I touch the now-infamous seam, and I haven't seen anything else indicating any improvement in reception or signal quality. I could care less about the rest of whatever they tossed into this meager update, to be honest.

Not much else to say but "Ok, Apple, now you've really got some work to do." :(

2. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

Yes, another report in over a dozen or so threads.

3. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

I'll throw you "a frickin' bone here" :p

Tomorrow, "Steve, you got some splainin' to do!"

4. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I don't think anyone felt this would fix the problem. Maybe there will be a fix in the works with tomorrows annoucement. But if you are truely have problems and you want to keep the phone then you should get a case. With a case you will not have this problem. I bought is really light wait small case for $15 and it completely solves the problem. For me I prefer having a case anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.