Yet another sync apps from iPhone to iTunes thread

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AlexW, Jun 5, 2010.

1. AlexW macrumors newbie

So this is my introduction to the forum and an apps transfer question:

Still on the parents family plan, and my mother was the first to get an iPhone. She wanted me to have it instead, so we switched everything over through AT&T, and I'm now trying to sync everything to my iTunes library (version 9.1.1.12) . For the time that my folks had the phone, it was connected to the PC at home. When I got it, I synced my music and calendar. Got the notice that it had already been synced with another computer and that syncing with my laptop would erase existing data, etc. I was about to install the new 3.1.3 update, when I got the message that "there are purchased apps on the phone that have not been transferred to itunes."

Searched through the forum and found the proper technique to do this (below), but I'm having another issue that I haven't found in other threads.

I know that to properly do this, you need to right click on on the phone under the "devices" category in iTunes and select "Transfer Purchases." I did this, and got a message saying that the computer was not authorized and that I couldn't transfer the apps that have already been purchased and downloaded to the phone.

So I went to authorize it, and iTunes tells me that the computer is already authorized. When I went to transfer the purchases again, I got the same unauthorized warning.

I have deauthorized and reauthorized the computer, and I'm still getting the same authorization message. I did discover that only 1 of the 11 apps on the phone was successfully transferred to iTunes, but the rest failed to do so. What do I need to do to get the apps from the phone to iTunes?

Thanks in advance!
    Alex

2. AlexW thread starter macrumors newbie

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

As long as you’re on the same account as what you used to get the apps, deauthorizing and authorizing should fix it.

4. AlexW thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm...didn't think about the account holder. These apps were downloaded through the airwaves before it belonged to me, so it's likely that they were considered part of another account? Although, as far as I know, the iTunes at the home computer has always been in my name.

So then, if they were downloaded by a different account holder, then I would have to wipe them all and start over again?

Alex