yet another sync question..

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by huan86, Apr 15, 2010.

1. huan86 macrumors newbie

hello-

I recently tried to update my iphone and ran into a few problems. i created a backup before installing the iphone update and by some bizarre sequence of unknown events, the backup is completely gone, as well as the data on my iphone.

i plugged in the iphone, opened itunes, right clicked on the iphone in the left hand side, clicked back up, and began creating a back up. on the iphone, it said something like synch in progress or something like that. what's even more bizarre, is that the back up i created is not in itunes and there is a different backup created later on in that night.. i started this process at around 11:20PM last night, and the most recent back up is dated at 12:46AM this morning... over an hour after i started the backup. and to add to the weirdness of the situation in the mysterious back up created automatically has all of my photos and videos but doesn't have any contacts of notes ( its the notes that i really really really need.)

i had one previous backup that i created a couple of months ago, and when i used itunes to back up to that point, i was disappointed to find that i didnt have any information that i needed at all- contacts, notes, etc, although i know that this back up was created when i had information to back up.

my question i guess is what the heck happened?

2. biojoe macrumors newbie

Same here

This also happened to me last night on my jailbroken iphone. I was putting music on and instead of downloading, it started a backup that has turned out to be empty and now I have nothing left on my phone either?