Yet Another Utorrent issue...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Jdrumbar, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Jdrumbar macrumors newbie

Hey guys. My first post on this site. really hope you can help me out.
    okay the issue is that everything is fine in utorrent for about 2 minutes, downloading fine, then suddenly every torrent (not at once but in quick succession) displays a red hexagon with an exclamation point inside it where there should be a blue arrow for downloading... i looked at the trackers and they either display "connection refused" or "inactive" or "scrape ok". im really confuzzled by this and would greatly appreciate some help :) thanks.

2. simsaladimbamba

Maybe your ISP is blocking the port. Go to Utorrent >>> Preferences >>> Network >>> Incoming TCP port and click the RANDOMIZE button.

3. ZenErik macrumors 6502

4. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

What is your upload rate set to? many trackers will refuse if you don't seed a minimum amount...What about encryption?

5. Jdrumbar, Dec 9, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2010

Jdrumbar thread starter macrumors newbie

well, i tried the randomize button and set the upload rate to 10kbps which was more than before... its still coming up with the same thing... the connection light stays green though... also, how do i alter/what do i do about encryption? sorry, really am a newbie :)

6. Dicksonia macrumors newbie

Check there is space on your hard drive for the files.....I just got this symbol for the first time after using uTorrent for years and it turns out my external hard drive was full (ie the destination location of the torrents). I emptied the trash to free up some room, then stop/started the problem torrents. They immediately turned into those lovely blue download arrows. All good!