YIKES! please help me get my stack back :(

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WestCoaster, Oct 22, 2010.

1. WestCoaster macrumors newbie

I just got my Macbook pro for two weeks and I may have screwed up big already :( I know for sure I have deleted the download stacks... I was cleaning my documents and dragged it into the trash can and emptied it before I notice. Is there anyway of getting it back? It's no longer in the Applications Menu.

Can I re-download it from the apple store? It would was useful for all my school stuff... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

do you have Time Machine setup? ... just restore before you deleted

3. WestCoaster thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately not, any other ideas? I'll pay to get it back if I need to.

4. miknees macrumors newbie

Hope this helps! =]

From the way i understand your post, you deleted the downloads stack from your dock. If thats the case, to undo it, all you have to do is go to your home folder, and drag your downloads folder to the dock next to the trash can.

If that isnt whats wrong, could you clarify please? :)

5. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

open your home folder in Finder, then drag the Downloads folder icon into your dock.
    edit: LOL miknees beat me to it!

6. WestCoaster thread starter macrumors newbie

there used to be 3 icons to the left of my trash can... the Application folder, the downloads, and the "Downloads Stack" icon (not a folder, the icon is a mini thumbnail of what just got downloaded). When I open a ppt or word doc from the Course site, it would automatically get put into the Downloads Stack and fans out.

7. milk242 macrumors 6502a

The downloads stack is just a shortcut to the downloads folder. If you want the "stack" effect, right click on the folder on the dock and select stack.

8. igucl macrumors 6502a

igucl

Yes, the instructions of the above posters are correct. The downloads "stack" is the same as the downloads folder.

After dragging the downloads folder to your dock where it used to be, simply control-click on it and select "view as stack" or something like that. Whamo! Back to new!

9. WestCoaster thread starter macrumors newbie

D'OH! Thanks so much... I tried several times to do it, but it just wasn't. Tried it again just now, and it worked. THANKS... you've all made this girl happy again and can finally hit the hay.
    G'night :)