Yikes Target ipod touch already shipped!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bogman12, Sep 23, 2007.

1. bogman12 macrumors regular

I returned my W37 at BB and purchased it from Target at 10% thinking that it won't ship for at least 2 weeks (w40?). I just got an email saying that it's shipped already!.

I hope they didn't ship me the W37 stock from their warehouse or something.. :eek:

2. bogman12 thread starter macrumors regular

wait.. i just checked the UPS tracking number and it says:

Estimated Arrival: Nov 12, 2007

WTH? Anyone have experience with this? Could it just be a bad estimation?

3. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

november 12th???

where does it say its current location is, usually they dont post estimated times until they have it in their possession

thats really odd

4. bogman12 thread starter macrumors regular

The only entry in the progress list says:

Sep 24, 2007 04:51:28 PM US CARRIER NOTIFIED TO PICK UP PACKAGE

So what do u guys think? Just a delivery estimation bug on the UPS' side?

5. kb3 macrumors newbie

this is what i'm scared of.. I'd really like the discount.. but don't really want to wait a month and some change for this when I can pick it up in stores in a little over a week.

6. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

see thats really weird, like i said if they dont have it in their possession yet they dont generally post delivery estimations...so i dont know whats up

7. nowdsa macrumors newbie

Places like Target and Amazon over estimate shipping. Just wait for the tracking number to post and see what that date for that is.

I know in past shipments from Amazon they are always 6 over what the shipping time should be (i.e. Estimated arrival date 9/27 and it arrives on 9/21). Its happened to me a lot.

8. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

No, it's actually prepped for ship, it just hasn't been picked up by UPS yet (will happen sometime tomorrow).

I wouldn't worry too much about Week 37. These things usually drop ship which means Target probably got them in on Saturday or got notification Saturday that they were at a distribution center.

If you do somehow get a W37 then you can always return or exchange at a local Target store.

9. depiction macrumors newbie

That is good to hear that they are shipping early. I am currently contemplating whether or not to order mine from Target or Amazon. If I go by their websites, I would get it much earlier if I purchased through Amazon.

When did you place your order? If you just ordered it in the past couple days, I think I'll probably go ahead and order from Target since I can get the discount and still get it fairly soon.

10. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

Seems a little fishy. Maybe it was just a glitch on your order... but if you do end up receiving it, let us know what week you got.

11. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

I ordered it on Thursday, 09/20. Many people got ship notifications with tracking numbers. They are shipping and I'd be surprised if they weren't week 38 units.

12. bogman12 thread starter macrumors regular

Hey Man, I placed the order yesterday evening, after I came back from Best Buy..

13. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

It's hard to say how many pre-orders Target had, but they either didn't have a lot of pre-orders OR they got a butt load of touches in.

14. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

Where are they shipping from?

Where do Target.com orders ship from?

I ordered Tuesday or so, but haven't receive ship notification yet.

15. new0rder macrumors member

that's good to know, temped to order a good one, I have to paid shipping to return my current bad screen 37week one.

16. h3ro macrumors newbie

This is worrying me, I ordered from Target.com Thursday evening and I have not gotten any "Shipped" email, just the auto confirmation email after checkout.

17. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

I ordered last week too and haven't received notice yet. They're just starting to fill orders, no need to worry.

18. h3ro macrumors newbie

Hm, I s'pose. Just odd that people who ordered the same day and even days later than us, have had theirs shipped. I'll wait another day or two then for mine to ship.

19. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

I'm afraid to cancel and re-order, for fear of not having the 10% coupon available anymore. The web site still lists the Touch as pre-order as well.

But yeah, I'm going to give it a day or 2 also.

20. dinomight macrumors newbie

I'm worried too. I ordered on the 17 of sept. and it estimates delivery on oct 19- Nov 6. Whats the deal with people who ordered after me having their item shipped. By the way did anyone who reported shipping recieve their ipod, or did the shipping information update(indicating that the item actually shipped.) Hmmm i wonder if any of those shipped were 16GB or were they all just the 8GB model. Well i guess i will just have to wait patiently, i just hope it ships soon.
    -D

21. matias1021 macrumors member

mine just shipped today

Package Progress
    Location Date Local Time Description
    MAPLE GROVE,
    MN, US 09/27/2007 4:42 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
    US 09/25/2007 12:53 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 09/27/2007 7:23 P.M. ET

i dont think you have anything to worry about