Yikes.

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by td1439, Apr 8, 2015.

1. td1439 macrumors 6502

td1439

I wouldn't generalize to say this one person's experience can possibly encapsulate the entire corporate culture at Apple...but this is pretty horrible stuff to have to deal with.

link

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

3. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Actually, I think that the OP's link is interesting - and may be unnervingly familiar to people who have worked in large and unaccountable organisations (and not just Apple).

Uncomfortable and thought-provoking reading - I don't doubt it for a minute, as I have witnessed variations on some of the behaviours described in the piece.

However, mobilehaathi has a point. A very good point, one with which I find myself in agreement.

A proper thread title - by which, I mean, a thread title that descries accurately what this link is all about - would work wonders, and might get more people reading and responding to this thread.

4. turtle777 macrumors 6502a

Sounds like your typical big corporation.
    Been there, done that.

Pays well, but you sell your soul.

-t

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Why not attract more viewers (or readers) with a simple edit to the title?

What about something along the lines of "Apple's Corporate Culture Just Works.....The Same As Many Others..." or some other title which would invite those who may be interested to want to take a look at it?

6. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Not surprising considering Apple's scale. I've dealt with a few of their representatives when trying to reach an agreement of putting my works on iBooks. So far I walked out of both meetings since Apple appeared to be represented by arrogant goons.

7. vvswarup macrumors 6502a

No matter how bad your old employer is, I don't think it's a good idea to put your thoughts in writing and on the Internet for the whole world to see. If you do put your thoughts in writing on the Internet, you probably want to make sure it doesn't get traced back to you.