Yoga

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by eric/, Mar 12, 2013.

1. eric/ Guest

eric/

Hey guys, looking to add some variety in my daily living and exercise routine, and I'm interested in Yoga. I've done some searching online and found a bunch of different stuff, but it's a tad bit overwhelming.

I currently weight lift, swim, and run. I'd like to increase my flexibility and work out some of the soreness from those activities and work on breathing and relaxation techniques.

I am not at all interested in anything spiritual

If there are any yoga veterans around that could share their experience and answer questions that would be awesome.

2. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

3. eric/ thread starter Guest

eric/

Thanks, but that guy looks like a cultist, and I can't seem to find any videos or anything. I'm not paying money.

4. TSE macrumors 68030

DDPYoga actually is legit. I thought it was a gimmick by a retired wrestler trying to make money but it is actually ridiculously intense and I am now extremely flexible.

5. eric/ thread starter Guest

eric/

Yeah but again, it costs money.

6. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

This is the only yoga I like. Can't do this at home though, have to join a class.

7. pixl8 macrumors newbie

pixl8

If you're already fit, I'd look at power yoga. It's a more vigorous yoga and uses little to no chanting or meditation. Flow yoga (vinyasa) might be a good class to try because it's slower. Power yoga is a faster/more powerful approach to vinyasa. That's my understanding, anyway. I just like the classes. I'm not an yoga expert or anything.

8. eric/ thread starter Guest

eric/

That's quite alright. I'm looking for advice, so I'll have to check those out