Yoobao Case Authenticity

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by TOYOTATruck07, Mar 19, 2012.

1. TOYOTATruck07 macrumors member

Has anyone ever run across fake Yoobao cases before? I've just gotten one from yoobaousa.com and it doesn't feel like real leather as advertised, but synthetic. I have had 4 yoobao executive leather cases in the past year and none of them are this stiff or rough. Basically it's very plastic feeling. Anyone have experience buying from yoobaousa.com or *******dottcom? The asterisked lettering starts with a k and rhymes with levikev if there's any confusion. Thanks for any insight provided.

2. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

I've bought several Yoobao products and while I'm sure there are knockoffs out there, this would be like cloning a Ford Pinto...why bother?

While my first Yoobao folio's were very nice leather (for the price) everything I've bought from them for the iPad in the last year has been that bicast/PU leather stuff. Its like one level below bonded leather and usually has a bit of a smell to it from the treatments they apply.

You get what you pay for with Yoobao. Cheap, reliable...but not high-end quality.

3. neweipadfan macrumors member

this cracks me up, why would someone wast there time selling Yoobao case knock offs? it would be like knocking off springfield soda instead of Coke. you dont see people selling knock off timex just not enough profit selling cheap product knock offs, Yoobao is just a decent case at a decent price in a world of cheap cases at cheap prices. Yoobao cases are not cowhide they are top layer leather animal skin fused to a man made backing thus a $30 case, Vaja uses full grain leather thus $200 plus both cases are hand made. I have a Waterfield Muzzeto paid $200 plus for i could have got a bag a walmart for $30 and complained but i would look like a fool.

4. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

I ordered from kev before and it was legit, still rockin it.

5. neweipadfan macrumors member

yeah he must sell hella good knock offs with 100% positive feedback and has a great reputation for customer satisfaction, just doesnt sound right to me

6. laurenr macrumors 6502a

The OP actually posted this in another thread. The site he mentions, actually has a great rep for customer satisfaction, and the cases are great value for such a low price. I use mine for travelling, and after a year, it still looks great. Funny thing, the magnet works on the new iPad.......lucky polarity match.:)

7. neweipadfan macrumors member

Yeah he sounded alittle paranoid, not a profitable product to knock off,