Yoobao Magic Slim case for iPad 1 - Where to Buy?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Ahheck01, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Ahheck01 macrumors 6502

Hey all, just bought a refurb iPad 1 from Apple, and throughout all my research on the best case for it, I've settled on the Yoobao Magic Slim reviewed here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhii5TLNZSI

The thing is, the seller listed in that video has one that isn't 100% like the one reviewed - notice the tab being completely wrapped in leather vs just barely folded over in this ebay ad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320673120528

So I'm looking for a safe, reliable, trustworthy source to get an authentic Yoobao Magic Slim case as reviewed in that youtube video.

Thanks for any help that can be offered!

PS> I did read every post in the giant Yoobao thread.

2. sotie macrumors 6502

The seller you linked to on ebay is the most reputable for Yoobao cases. He ships fast too.

3. Ahheck01 thread starter macrumors 6502

What's with the tab, then? In the picture on the ebay listing the leather barely wraps around the end of the tab, where as it covers the whole tab in that youtube review?

4. sotie macrumors 6502

You should contact that seller (Kevin) directly and ask him. It seems that Yoobao is constantly making design updates and revisions to their ipad cases and there are many variations.

5. justanfyi, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011

justanfyi macrumors member

The newest one v4 rev d fixed the issue of the clasp not holding closed the previous version all had different issues such as the clasp peeling back or the the corner and side clips not holding so just be careful alot of sellers are still selling the old ones, the one in the video is v4revb clasp doesn't stay shut faulty middle clips chronic issues. It appears to be the same seller I'm sure he could help you as stated previously mentioned