Yoobau case scratching iPad :(

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by AceCoolie, Aug 16, 2011.

1. AceCoolie macrumors regular

It appears that the Yoobau Slim leather case that I got from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WHI9L4) us scratching the face of my iPad :(. When I rub my finger under the stitching, it's kind of rough. It's doing it on the right hand side. Here's a picture of the scratches in my screen protector. Has anyone else had this? Perhaps I should get some sand paper to smooth the underside where the stitching is.

Attached Files:

2. sexytabitha macrumors regular

what screen protector are you using? and how long have you had it? Never had that issue when i used mine, why do you guys pay way too much for your Yoobao cases? AYL = Amount You Loose lmao

3. AceCoolie thread starter macrumors regular

The screen protector is a WrightRight anti-glare one from Walmart. I've had the case for about 2 months.

4. canyonblue737 macrumors 6502a

The title of your post is a bit inaccurate. :D You case is scratching your SCREEN PROTECTOR, not your iPad. Screen protectors are much, much softer and susceptible to scratches than the actual glass on the iPad. It is very doubtful those stitches would have done a single thing to the glass on the iPad. That said having a screen protector to take the hit when something MAJOR like car keys etc. comes in contact with the screen and could scratch glass is useful.

5. realbrandon macrumors member

I believe you are right, canyonblue. I have the Yoobao case with no screen protector on and have no such problem.

Btw, is screen protector really necessary?