Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Avalon74

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
Can anyone test candybar out on Yosemite? I use it to change my icons on Mavericks and hope it still works in Yosemite.

EsoxLucius

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2011
I used LiteIcon instead of CandyBar (I prefer it) and it works with OS X Yosemite, no problem.

wallydavid

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2012
LiteIcon

Yeah.. I used LiteIcon too.. It'll give you a warning about being not being compatible, but it seemed to work fine. Just be aware, this is a beta release, so any future update may write over any new icons you add because they still seem to be tweaking them. I lost custom icons between DP2 and DP3.. they seemed to stick with DP4 (or public beta)..

theelysium

Suspended
Nov 18, 2008
I absolutely hate the fruity 3 finger snaps look of the new OS. I will be changing everything... :eek:

now I need to get my spotlight back in the top right where it's supposed to be.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I didn't think CandyBar had worked in several OS generations now. But I went to manually changing icons. Might look at LiteIcon.

Rivvvers

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2012
The Shire
the only icons i dont like in Yosemite are the folder icons.
Does anyone have a mavericks backup of all the old 512 folder icons?

Rivvvers

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2012
The Shire
Not Mavericks, but I do have a folder of 500+ Mountain Lion icons available and a folder of darker Yosemite folder icons.

Thanks for the offer, appreciated. But i managed to find the originals in the 10.9.4 core.
If anyone else needs the original maverick system icons they are here.
Ive organised them into folders to make it easier for people.
upload_2015-11-30_20-7-43.png

The best option to replace the icons post candybar seems to be the lighter weight app called
LiteIcon
liteicon.png

If anyone does decide to use them just give us a thumbs up! cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: jbarley
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.