yosemite and parallels 9

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Sturgeon boy, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Sturgeon boy macrumors member

Sturgeon boy

I have updated my late 2013 IMac to yosemite and all was fine so far but when i tried to go into parallels 9 i got an error message.
    so after re installing all seemed fine till it asked for me to re-install my copy of windows 7 ive been given a message telling me i cant use this product key any more and the copy is not genuine.
    the thing is it is a genuine copy and it worked perfectly till i upgraded from mavericks i contacted apple to find a solution but as its third party software they couldn't help.
    anyone any ideas ?

2. steve23094 macrumors 68000

steve23094

3. ianj1972 macrumors member

I had to reactivate too. I had to call the telephone number as it wouldn't authenticate online. Windows 7 & licences. Both work fine now.

4. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Parallels, honestly, I hate the way they go about things. I've moved over to VMWare. It's not as pretty, but it feels faster and it isn't purposefully gimped with every new release of OSX.

If it's Windows you're having trouble with, on Windows 7:

Click the start button > right click 'Computer' on the right-hand side list > properties, then re-enter your Product Key.

If that doesn't work, your beef is probably with Microsoft, Parallels or you have a dodgy copy of Windows.