Yosemite and Sync

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by yosemite5050, Jul 26, 2014.

1. yosemite5050 macrumors newbie

If I upgrade to Yosemite and don't enable iCloud drive, will my contacts and calendars still sync to my iPhone? Also, I'm aware that iWork documents will not sync to my phone after upgrading to Yosemite, but will they sync with icloud.com and will I be able to access my old documents from iWork on Yosemite?

Thanks for any help

2. Roadside macrumors newbie

Local Sync with Yosemite

I realize I'm late to the party answering this question, but better late than never.

I have older iWork programs, and there is no sync-with-phone option and not even a sync-with-cloud option in their menus. My workaround is to save an iWork document, open iCloud in a browser window, navigate to the Pages or Numbers files in the browser window, and drag-and-drop. Then the document appears on my iPhone via iCloud sync. (Note: I've enabled iCloud Drive on my phone, but not on my Mac.) I would imagine your old iWork documents would be visible, since I'm using old iWork software on my Mac, and it shows up fine.

Regards local sync in Yosemite: Before iCloud, or after iCloud? If you're trying to de-cloud, getting local sync back is a slog. See:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/27769760