Yosemite and Time machine

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by laudern, Oct 21, 2014.

1. laudern macrumors 6502a

Here is the problem

Yosemite does not recognise any backups made under Mavericks. When I formatted my computer and installed Yosemite, it only recognised the most recent back up made by Mavericks (thank god). But now that I've installed Yosemite and I go to access the time machine, I can not access any of my backups made using Mavericks. The backups are still there on the time line located on the right hand side, but when I go to click on a specific date, the TM flicks back to that dates window, but nothing loads, no matter how long I leave my computer...

Anyone else have this problem????

2. ItWasNotMe macrumors regular

Quite a few - see for example this thread http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1803952

There are loads of bugs in this version of TM:

This is the list of those that I've experienced:
    • On remount of disk, uses full size (including data already backed-up and not needing backup) rather than delta
    • Backs up partial files if large copy is running in parallel with the backup (use to continue running and backup the whole file)
    • Hit or miss whether you can see backup history through Time Machine UI
    • Deletes backups <24 hours old
    • Time of next backup in preferences bears little relation to time it runs (can be +- 30 minutes either way)
    • Skips backups randomly (used to produce message if skipped because already backed-up in previous 10 minutes)
    • Unpredictable behaviour messages in log

New but useless 'feature'
    • Thins backups in reverse order so deletes the latest backup first
    All newly introduced with Yosemite.