Yosemite and UK Features

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Dave245, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Dave245, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014

Dave245 macrumors 601

After the keynote finished yesterday, i went onto Apple's website where i signed up for the beta testing version of OSX Yosemite, i discovered that the Spotlight feature will only be available to those in the US :( i'm from the UK.
    Does anyone who may of downloaded it already, know if there are anymore features that will be missing, for those of us in other countries?

2. Magnum Opus macrumors regular

I'm UK, spotlight doesn't have any of the 'internet' features on my MacBook or iDevices

3. Dave245 thread starter macrumors 601

Yea i know about that one, i was wondering if there was any other features that the UK won't be getting. Disappointed that we won't be getting spotlight.

Also ive signed up to the beta programme, i haven't been sent and email yet, however there seems to be a few people that have already downloaded it :confused:

4. Magnum Opus macrumors regular

The (Public) Beta program is different to the Developer Preview. The DP is available now, but the Beta is available in the 'Summer'.

5. zen macrumors 68000

zen

The public beta is coming later (maybe late July). The only version available now is the developer preview, which you have to be a registered and paid-up developer to get access to.

6. Dave245 thread starter macrumors 601

Oh ok that explains it then :D i signed up quickly because i know theres only a limited number and revived the message saying, "we will email you when OSX Yosemite Beta is available to download"