Yosemite asks to change my password

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by chadamorrill, Jul 25, 2014.

1. chadamorrill macrumors 6502

Hey all. I have a MacMini that I installed the Yosemite PB on using an external 320GB drive with 10.9.4 installed and joined to a network server. I had a "mobile account" setup with a network user account and a few things configured, like email, printers, network favorite shares, etc prior to the upgrade.

The install went swimmingly, but when it came back up, and I attempted to log in, Yosemite is telling me that my password does not meet the requirements and I have to change my password. Local accounts, including "mobile accounts" on other drives are able to log in with no issue, just NOT the account I used to run the upgrade software on. FWIW, the local account pw is very easy (all lowercase, no numbers) whereas the "mobile account" pws are all 8 char or better with 3 of 4 requirements met.

Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas on why it would care what the password is?

2. Panthertail macrumors newbie

I have the exact same issue as you described. Tried to unbind and rebind - no luck... I really hope there is a solution for this....

3. chadamorrill thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried everything I can think of. Anyone else having this issue?

4. Panthertail macrumors newbie

I went back to the old OS.... Guess we will have to wait until the final release....

5. chadamorrill thread starter macrumors 6502

The second preview (installed over top the first) worked out the issue. I was able to log in as the network user with no password issues.