Yosemite automatically installed? Not a developer!

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by ManWithoutPlan, Sep 18, 2014.

1. ManWithoutPlan, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014

ManWithoutPlan macrumors newbie

So I was installing iOS 8 on my iPhone and went to back up my phone on my MBP running Mavericks and I had an OS update that needed to be installed. It was 10.9.4. I updated it and immediately after A window popped up saying OS X 10.10 Ready To Install and my computer would restart in 30 seconds. It resorted.... And I now have Yosemite!??? I am NOT a developer and I did not DL a developer preview version of it. I am so confused. And now a few minutes ago, the app store said I had an update to install... "OS X 10.10 Update 1"

Did I somehow get Yosemite by mistake? LOL Anyone else have this happen to them?

Attached Files:

2. ManWithoutPlan thread starter macrumors newbie

Another update?!

What is going on? LOL Can some one please explain this to me?

Looks like when I installed the update to Mavericks "10.9.4" I got Yosemite instead.

Attached Files:

3. poiihy macrumors 68020

poiihy

4. melman101 macrumors 68030

What's your build number in Apple | About This Mac | System Report | Software

It should be 14axxxx? (where xxxx is what you should fill in). Just curious.

5. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

I really find it hard to believe. Maybe someone else installed it while you were away.
    Yosemite will not download and/or install automatically. It may also require you to enter the Admin password to approve the installation.

I wonder if you downloaded it in the past and while sitting on your Launchpad someone else may have started the installation. :eek:

Check the build version and you'll know whether the above may have happened or not.

6. melman101 macrumors 68030

My guess is this was a fake post judging by the fact he never responded to my build number request 8 days ago.

7. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

There you go, probably a 7r011

8. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

Checked his other posts, and OP sounds young, and inexperienced so he probably downloaded Yosemite by mistake.