Yosemite Boot screen Freeze

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Threejw, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Threejw macrumors member

Threejw

Hi
    After installing yosimeti and during the reboot the progress bar freezes midway..

I'v restarted and it did the same thing.. HELP ME please....

Thank you!

2. SpartyOn2003 macrumors newbie

Same issue after completing my Yosemite install last night. Was able to get into OS X after initial install. Rebooted then progress bar loads about 1/3 of the way and nothing else happens. I was able to boot into safe mode once but even that doesn't work now.

I did a check disk and no issues found. I read some threads talking about repairing permissions from disk utility but that option is greyed out.

Also note that I do Bootcamp and Windows loads fine. Something happened with the Yosemite install.

Any ideas before I try to reinstall of Mavericks via Internet recovery and then have to upgrade to Yosemite again?

3. Threejw thread starter macrumors member

Threejw

i had to go though recovery mode and restore everything from my time machine...

i don't know if i ever can download Yosemite again.

4. iceperson macrumors 6502

Make sure if you're using a non-Apple SSD that you're disabling trim before installing Yosemite.

5. mattrdesign macrumors newbie

Cross posted from a similar thread:

Ok I had this very same issue, but I got passed it and I have no Idea why. Here’s what I did:

My 2011 MacBook Pro was stuck on the boot screen (Apple logo and progress bar) after a seemingly successful installation. The progress bar was stuck at around half way for 2 hours.

So I force power down and restart. Same thing happens again.

So I boot into my Windows 7 partition to find a solution. No answers are found other than to boot into the recovery disk and reinstall

I shut down Windows and boot into the recovery disk. I was about to hit reinstall when I realized that I need to back up a few files I’ve been neglecting for a while. So I shut down the recovery disk without doing anything.

I then restart the computer but I forgot to hold down Option and it starts to boot into the the disk I tried to install Yosemite on, and IT WORKED! It booted into Yosemite normally and I’ve not run into any further issues.

So it seems the solution to this problem is:
    1) Force power down
    2) Boot into Windows and putz around the Web for a while before shutting down.
    3) Boot into the Recovery Drive and don’t do anything, then shut down again.
    4) Boot up normally and it works
    5) …
    6) Profit!

This worked for me for what seems to be the very same issue as the OP, but I stumbled on to the solution by accident so YMMV.